Monday, November 12, 2007

A Trip To Salem

This past weekend, my mother and I drove north to Salem, Virginia, to meet my sister for the weekend. We decided to meet halfway because visiting is difficult when we all live so far apart. My sister is currently living in Pennsylvania, my mother lives in Georgia, and of course we are in Tennessee.

Salem looked like a cute little town when we were searching online for a good meeting place, and it was cute indeed. We went to dinner and visited, stayed overnight, and headed back to our homes after a delicious breakfast.

The scenery was incredible along the drive in Virginia - the mountains were gorgeous in every direction. Even with the fall color being faded (from the drought ?), the smattering of reds and golds on the moutains were breathtaking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You not only traveled to see your sister, but your Favorite Sister...and you could have posted pictures of the medical equipment. LOL!