Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Poem To Share

Doesn't this just capture THOSE kind of days ?? Today was one of THESE days .... we managed to get all of our school lessons done this morning .... but this afternoon we all spent more than "some" time just watching the rain fall from the sky, and watching the clouds blow over again and again bringing yet more rain. (we are certainly NOT complaining about the rain though - it is truly a gift from Above on our parched lands !)

I Meant To Do My Work Today
By: Richard Le Gallienne

I meant to do my work today,
But a brown bird sang in the apple tree,
And a butterfly flitted across the field,
And all the leaves were calling me.

And the wind went sighing over the land,
Tossing the grasses to and fro,
And a rainbow held out its shining hand--
So what could I do but laugh and go?

No comments: