Friday, February 15, 2008

Vacation 1






We arrived in Maryland on Saturday and went to bed shortly after our arrival - it is a LONG drive form Tennessee to Maryland.
On Sunday we went to have lunch with Great Grandmommy ... and we hae a lovely visit with her. (Above photo of the children with Great Grandmommy.)
After our visit, we headed north west to Havre de Grace. It was here that I spent a lot of my summers as a child -- with my grandfather. So we explored the coast of the Susquehana River, where it meets the Chesapeake Bay -- we saw the Concord Point Lighthouse and visited the Marina Museum. There we saw a scaled model of a Skipjack called the Martha Lewis that was built in Havre de Grace and then sailed in the Bay.
Finally, we headed back to my Aunt's for dinner - and visited with the Morrison's (who come to visit us every summer) which was a great treat. In the above photo, I was reading everyone a story.

No comments: