467. Wet cool rain falling, after over 4 weeks of hot, dry, and drought.
468. Van repaired – and running great again. God provides.
469. Sweet Smokie – that beautiful face greeting us every morning.
470. Five days and nights in the barn with Smokie, begging her to “just hold on”.
471. A friend volunteering in the dark hours. And our vet of 12 years in touch the whole time, and here whenever we needed him.
472. Gorgeous red maples …. Knowing that was “it” … as the battle waged on.
473. Our horse trainer, and dear friend, stopping in to encourage us.
474. Hours spent stroking Smokie’s precious face …. Oh those beautiful eyes.
475. Being trusted by such a large creature … her sweet willingness to endure.
476. Those final hours … waiting for the vet … praying for the strength to “know” when it was time. And knowing our vet was praying right along with us.
477. Heart-weary oldest daughter who had to bear it all with many tears… she who rests in Him, knowing he created this incredibly beautiful creature just for her, just for this time …. The privilege of holding her hand as she matured through these challenging emotional days.
478. Trusting Our Father that this pain, this heartache, has a purpose …. We never doubted His work.
479. Gracious and Noble …. Our vet’s words, describing Smokie ….
480. Watching Smokie slowly lose the battle despite our best efforts … and knowing that because of this battle, because He brought her into our lives, that we are stronger, wiser, braver … all because we clung to Him, begged Him to guide us, to show us.
481. Hearts drawn closer to Our Lord …. Even in adversity. Praise God.
482. A month long visit with our nephew. We pray we were a blessing to him.
483. God’s protection at Summer Camp, for DadToCherubs and our boys.
484. Cool rivers, rushing waterfalls, sparkling lakes – summer time fun !
485. Trips to the lake with friends. Splashing, sandcastles, and picnics.
486. Giggling girls … a tent pitched in the yard … how sweet.
487. Colors of summer – black eyed susans blooming, pink watermelon juice on chins, lemonade in glasses of sparkling ice.
488. Feathered friends at the bird feeders – He is the Master Artist.
489. Dragging out my sketchbook, for the first time in yearsssssssss.
490. Miss Fancy Pants growing by leaps and bounds … such a wonderful horse.
491. Watching Cinnamon search for her friend of 10 or more years …. sharing her crying pain … then joining together as we move forward … to LIVE.
492. Watching Cherub 2 bathe and feed and care for them …. Beautiful equines … gifts from above.
493. Dear friend and teacher – helping us push on – varying the lessons, encouraging, sharing her heart’s memories. Such a blessing to our battle-weary hearts.
494. Cartons of eggs freshly gathered … bountiful breakfasts.
495. Walks in the cool woods on steamy hot days …. Trees, mosses, grasses … a Master Artist, he is indeed.
496. School days coming soon … lists made … orders soon to be made … plans slowly taking shape. Could it be so soon that we will begin again ?
497. Surprise: the call to town, the superintendent’s visit … city water is already on site … just waiting to be connected, to give our weary well a much needed break. God Provides …. Again and again.
498. Icecream cones at the “beach” … while dipping our toes in the cool river. Delicious.
499. Cherub 1’s care of the family --- his stepping forward, laundry, cooking, keeping things in order --- a leader in the making. Praise God for his generous, thoughtful spirit. We might’ve been lost, and hungry, and dirty, without his enormous help during the battle.
500. Eye exams … new glasses … vision coverage … sweet Dr. C …