Monday, September 06, 2010

Our First Day

Our supplies were ready .... 
so after a nice breakfast of apple oatmeal, we began ...
We discussed art by Joni Eareckson Tada -- and
allowing God to work through our hands as
we grow more artistic and creative.
We also discussed the worthlessness of
"I can't ....".
If you know Miss Tada's story, you'll
understand why "I can't ..."
just doesn't work.
We "played" with Oil Pastels for the first time ...
learning strokes and methods ... 
getting the "feel" for them.
We'll spend our first Term working with Pastels.
Everyone started reading their new books ...
Mere Christianity (C.S. Lewis) is one
the "big kids" have begun.
The High School
Overall, it was a fantastic day.
The Cherubs are excited about a new year ...
well, at least about "most" subjects.  HA !

Now we're off to run and play
for the rest of the afternoon ...
to get the "wiggles" out,
to run and jump and skip ...
and to relax.

How was your first day ?

2 comments:

5buntings said...

We enjoy using Joni's Hymns For a Child's Heart. She is such an inspiration! I've never thought about having the children try to draw with their mouths. Love it! I think we'll try it tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

Samantha said...

Thank you for sharing about your first day of school- I love all of the pictures! Thank you also for a great idea for an artist study - I know my very artistic middle son would enjoy learning about her - her story is incredible.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting on the pillows my daughter made.

Samantha