Saturday, January 26, 2008

Recommended !

This weekend we watched Part 1 and Part 2 of
LEWIS & CLARK: The Journey of the Corps of Discovery.
(A film by Kevin Burns. 1997. The American Lives Film Project Inc. PBS)

I have seen this movie in catalogs and on Amazon's website. I was always curious but never took the plunge and ordered it. Then recently I saw it on the Netflix website and put it into our "choices". What a great decision !!

This movie brought so much life to the book we finished not long ago about Louis and Clark (their journals). This is a documentary and re-enactment rolled into one .... their beginnings, their coming together for this adventure, their travels, events, places ... and the scenery was incredible !!

We highly recommend this movie for anyone interested in their expedition and experiences. Or perhaps just watch it for fun !!

1 comment:

LAA and Family said...

I'm glad I saw this, I'll have to order it from NetFlix. I LOVE Ken Burns' films! We just read "Of Courage Undaunted: Across the Continent with Lewis and Clark " James Daugherty , last fall. My oldest son really likes Lewis and Clark!