We stayed at the Ramada Limited in Maggie Valley, NC. The hotel itself was lovely, backed by a pretty creek and steep mountains. It was a very nice place to stay. The Manager and staff were very very sweet and extremely helpful. And the hotel itself (room and general areas) was beautiful and immaculate, and with only a few guests they were constantly "fussing over" us to ensure we were having a wonderful vacation. It was great !!
Here are our favorite things about the Ramada Limited:
1. It was only approximately 3 miles from the Ski Resort (Cataloochee).
2. It had an indoor pool to occupy us in the evenings. And it had a hot tub next to the indoor pool - so DadToCherubs and I could "soak" while watching the children play and swim.
3. We were able to get 2 rooms that connected, giving us a bit more room to spread out AND it gave us 2 bathrooms (always a plus for a family of 8).
4. It was very reasonably priced, and had a program through Cataloochee Ski Resort (Kids Stay Free Program) that for each paying adult, 2 children stay free. So for the hotel, we only got charged for 2 children. Also as part of the "Kids Stay Free" package is a free LIFT TICKET for each "free" child ... meaning that 4 of our children got FREE lift tickets to ski at Cataloochee. When we checked in, the owner gave us 2 more free lift tickets to cover the other 2 children. So that was a HUGE expense saved for us .... lift tickets were approximately $25 per child if we had to purchase them. So the hotel actually SAVED us $100-150.
5. Both rooms had wireless high-speed internet that made it possible for DadToCherubs to keep up with his work while we were away.
6. One room had 2 Queen beds, and the other had a King bed. Each room had a refrigerator and microwave. And each room had a balcony that overlooked a beautiful "creek". (it seemed more like a river to us, with rolling white water).
7. And lastly, there was a Continental Breakfast free every morning. There were several kinds of juice in addition to cofee, tea, and hot chocolate. There were 5 types of cereal with milk, oatmeal, grits, danishes, muffins, toast, several kinds of fresh fruit, and Belgian Waffles with condiments. We ate breakfast in the hotel on Tuesday morning before leaving town, and it was wonderful. Much better than the normal "Continental Breakfast" that hotels usually offer.
The hotel was very nice, and we would definately recommend it to others planning a visit to Maggie Valley, NC.