Thursday, June 14, 2007

About Billy & Ruth Graham

Billy Graham, the evangelist, made a public statement Wednesday after his wife (Ruth) slipped into a coma following an illness, and was reported to be near death. She passed away today (Thursday), and as I read the news I was struck by the words he spoke just yesterday ....

"I am so grateful to the Lord that He gave me Ruth, and especially for these last few years we've had in the mountains together. We've rekindled the romance of our youth, and my love for her continued to grow deeper every day. I will miss her terribly, and look forward even more to the day I can join her in Heaven."

"Ruth is my soul mate and best friend, and I cannot imagine living a single day without her by my side," the 88-year-old Graham said. "I am more in love with her today than when we first met over 65 years ago as students at Wheaton College."

He is 88 years old, and she was 87. They have been married for 65 years. And the true love he spoke of, the dedication, the friendship, the romance, and their shared strong faith in God and in Heaven .... it is not often anymore we hear publicly such sentiments. These words Billy Graham said about his wife touched my heart deeply.

No comments: